Good to Know About Bujumbura
Bujumbura is the largest city and the main port of Burundi. Apart from the local language- Kirundi- French and English are the popular languages. Burundi is also rich in wildlife and greenery, and you could enjoy a view of many exotic species in the Rusizi National Park. Visitors can also visit Lake Tanganyika, which is the second largest and second deepest lake in the world.
Top 3 Things to Do:
- Rusizi National Park: An opportunity to come face to face with some of the exotic wildlife, including hippos and crocodiles. You could hire a car and take a private tour of the park.
- Musee Vivant: It is a small zoo and a natural history museum, and exhibits some of the rare species like Chimpanzee fish, crocodiles and snakes.
- Lake Tanganyika: It is one of the most popular beaches and offers a beautiful landscape. You could also spend some time at the pool or try out beach volleyball at the nearby beaches.
Top 3 Places to Stay:
- Hotel Club du Lac Tanganyika: It is located on the lakeside and offers a luxurious stay along with a pool, tennis court and a number of other modern facilities.
- Hotel Amahoro: It lies in the centre of the town and offers all the modern amenities and conference rooms for corporate clients. The hotel offers different options in rooms.
- Hotel Botanika: It is a beautiful place above Restaurant Botanika, which is a popular spot in the town. This place has many bars and nightclubs in the vicinity and can be a good option for tourists.